In the region, 80 per cent of an average household owns a tablet, touch ultrabook and a touch smartphone. The survey also revealed that 50 per cent of the children own at least one touch-screen device.
"Acer will be offering more portfolios on touch-enabled devices at Gitex. Consumers are looking for quicker, faster, lighter and slimmer devices. Multiple device usage and compatibility is gaining traction," said
She said Acer will be aggressive at Gitex this year in partnership with our retailers and a dedicated Acer stand for consumers to come, touch and feel our products.
"Eighteen per cent of the population is spending over five hours a day while 39 per cent spend less than two hours and 43 per cent spend two to five hours a day," the study showed.
Even though adoption of touch-enabled devices is high, content creation is low in the region. Fifteen per cent of the residents use their ultrabooks to create content while five per cent is using a combination of tablets and ultrabooks to create content. But a massive 80 per cent are using their touch devices only for content consumption."
Most Popular Stories
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs