Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Our results suggest that external factors such as the applied electric field and orientation of the incident light polarization can be used - in addition to spatial confinement - to improve the performances of the optical devices."
For more information on this research see: Electric field effect on the third-order nonlinear optical susceptibility in inverted core-shell nanodots with dielectric confinement.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women