Microsoft Office 365 which was launched a year ago enables users to have access to professional websites, email domains, document sharing and more.
Also known as the next generation cloud-based service, the software allows users to work from virtually anywhere on nearly any device and services are delivered from a global network of state-of-the-art secure data centres.
Microsoft East Africa Community Affairs Manager
"We have got a lot of interest from the NGOs since we launched last year .as much as this product was targeted for commercial institutions a lot of NGOs say that this product can also work for them. We know that NGOs have a community good and we want to add value to their community work," Nyingi said.
He said that this new software enables them to be more effective and efficient in the work they do.
"Non-profits operate in the same way as any other organization or business, however many lack the resources to implement the latest technology, most of them lack the resources to implement the latest technology," he said
Nyingi says Office 365 create easier IT administration by 79 percent, saves costs by 62 percent, improves collaboration and data security.
"Office 365 for non-profits provides access to
He says non-profits and NGOs using Office 365 for nonprofits are easily able to work together across an organization by using familiar office applications with email, shared calendar, document sharing and video conferencing.
"The technology just works; it helps people do what they need to do, this means that the time and energy of the national society is devoted to helping the vulnerable, not to managing their IT systems making a real difference to humanitarian delivery at minimum cost," he said.
Nyingi said the company is targeting small NGOs who have limited capacity to work.
This will be extended to up to 90 countries by
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option