The IR3846 offers industry leading efficiency greater than 97% peak, and 95% at 35A with the capability to operate directly from 12V at high switching frequency without the need for a heatsink or fan. The new device features remote differential sensing enabling 0.5% Vref accuracy between 0°C and 105°C making it well suited for high power FPGAs and ASICs requiring 1% DC or 3% DC+AC accurate power supply.
As part of the Gen3 SupIRBuck® family, the IR3846 features a proprietary modulator scheme that enables jitter-free and noise-free operation to allow higher frequency/higher bandwidth operation for better transient response and fewer output capacitors, and space savings of 20% PCB space compared to alternative integrated solutions and 60% compared to discrete solutions.
“Leveraging the key attributes of IR’s Gen3 SupIRBuck® technology, the IR3846 is a complete 35A solution that offers high density and superior performance in a highly compact 200mm2 footprint for today’s space constrained server, network communications and storage systems,” said
The pinout of the IR3846 is optimized for easy placement of bypass capacitors and the internal thermally compensated current limit offers three settings that allow programmability without extra components and layout complications.
More information is available on the
A datasheet and application notes are posted on the
Price and Availability
Pricing for the IR3846M begins at US
Patent and Trademark Notice
IR® and SupIRBuck® are registered trademarks of
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill