International Business Machines Assigned Patent for Distribution of Software Based on Scheduled Time to Deploy Software Dynamic Resource State of Systems Involved in Deployment of Software and Based Upon Environmental Conditions
The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A method, computer program product and network management server for distributing software. The network management server receives a request to deploy an application on a designated target client station at a designated scheduled time. The network management server determines whether to deploy the application on the designated target client station at the designated time based on the resource state of the systems involved in the deployment of the software (e.g., processor usage of the network management server, processor usage of the target client station) as well as the environmental conditions (e.g., bandwidth usage, time of day pricing for connectivity at scheduled time, work orders on the target client station). By taking into consideration the dynamic resource state of the systems involved in the deployment of the software as well as the environmental conditions, software may be deployed on the client stations by the network management server more effectively."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?