British Columbia's Ministry of Justice issued a final report Wednesday confirming actor Cory Monteith died of an accidental heroin overdose.
The "Glee" star was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room July 13, 20013. He was 31.
Billboard.com quoted the B.C. coroner's report as saying Monteith died of a mixed drug cocktail involving "intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol."
The report also noted investigators on the scene discovered "a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses" when they entered Monteith's room after he did not check out of the hotel as scheduled.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Cory Monteith died of heroin overdose, official coroner's report says
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day