Category: Baystreet Newswire
Company: TDM Financial
The biotechnology space has long been a favorite for investors, with the SPDR S&P Biotech ETF (NYSE: XBI) jumping nearly 40% over the past 52 weeks. Driven by increased healthcare spending and an aging demographic, the fund holds companies like Celldex Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: CLDX) and Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: SRPT), which provide immunotherapies and RNA-based treatments for numerous underlying conditions.
Often times, the biggest upside for investors in the biotechnology space comes from the regulatory approval of certain drugs or devices in various countries. While there is certainly a large risk ahead of such approvals, success can often send shares significantly higher over a short period of time. The industry has also seen a lot of mergers and acquisitions ("M&A") that have helped rapidly unlock value in smaller companies in the space.
In this article, we'll take a look at a relatively small player in the biotechnology space,
Initially Focused on KOA & HCC in
The company’s cancer technology, Tumor Cell Targeted Dentritic Cell ("TC-DC") successfully completed a U.S. FDA Phase II clinical trial for Metastatic Melanoma, which means that the data can be used in its analogous Chinese SFDA Phase I/II clinical trial for HCC. Meanwhile, its KOA treatment is based on adipose-derived mesenchymal progenitor cells ("huMPCs") have already shown positive results in early clinical trials, as we will discuss later in this article.
Management plans to develop and manufacture these drugs in its two
Low-Risk Clinical Trials with Early Success
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors