Oct. 03--STILLWATER, Okla. -- Music lovers will have a variety of genres to take in as part of the First Lady of OSU Concert set for Sunday in the Sereatean Center for the Performing Arts.
Oklahoma State University Associate Professor of Music and Co-Director of Opera Studies April Golliver will present the event. Golliver was recently named the 2013 First Lady of OSU Distinguished Music Professor.
"I'm thrilled because I'm going on my 13th year at OSU and my passion for music really began (here) when I was an undergrad," she said.
The concert, hosted annually by First Lady of OSU Ann Hargis, is free to attend.
"It's an opportunity for the community to see what happens on a weekly basis or throughout the year in the music department," Golliver said. "I'm just one of the many talented faculty and I will be doing a wide variety of music."
At the concert, Golliver will perform music in genres such as country, opera and music theater. The OSU alumna said she hopes patrons will see that OSU's Music Department is thriving by attracting popular guest conductors and artists and music groups being invited to take part in regional, state, national and international exhibitions or competitions.
"The program has really grown a lot," she said.
(c)2013 the Stillwater NewsPress (Stillwater, Okla.)
Visit the Stillwater NewsPress (Stillwater, Okla.) at www.stillwater-newspress.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs