CFR Part: "47 CFR Part 87"
Citation: "78 FR 61203"
Document Number: "WT Docket Nos. 10-61 and 09-42,
"Rules and Regulations"
SUMMARY: In this document, the
EFFECTIVE DATE: Effective
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This is a summary of the Commission's Report and Order (R&O), in WT Docket No. 10-61;
1. Air traffic controllers utilize airport surface detection equipment (ASDE-X) to manage the movement of aircraft on airport surfaces, but the current system does not allow the positive identification of ground vehicles such as snowplows and maintenance vehicles that routinely operate on the runway movement area. See 47 CFR 87.345. Unless the vehicle is visible from the control tower, air traffic controllers can determine only its location, but not the vehicle type or the operator. See NPRM, 25 FCC Rcd at 3356 para. 3. In response to growing concerns about airplanes colliding with or having to take evasive maneuvers to avoid vehicles on the airport surface, the
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status