The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A system and method is provided for detecting, tracking and/or blocking control signal attacks, which can occur between local computer systems and/or between remote computer systems, network links, and/or routing systems over a computer network. The system includes a router monitor adapted to receive a plurality of control signals and related information from the computer network and to process the plurality of control signals and related information to detect one or more control signal anomalies. The router monitor is further adapted to generate a plurality of alert signals representing the one or more control signal anomalies. The system further includes a controller that is coupled to the router monitor and is adapted to receive the plurality of alert signals from the router monitor. The controller is constructed and arranged to respond to the plurality of alert signals by tracking attributes related to the one or more control signal anomalies to at least one source, and to block the one or more control signal anomalies using a filtering mechanism executed in close proximity to the at least one source."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option