"If any vendor is not in the smartphone space and in the IT space will have real problems in the coming years. During the next few years computing will become more mobile with the deployment of LTE,"
"We have challenges at Acer same as rest of the IT vendors. We were not in the smartphone business for quite some time as it needed a revamped product conception. So the last two years we were realigning our business with technology. This year we relaunched our smartphone models," Burnes said.
"We are heavily into Android operating system but we are having a dialogue with
Burnes said that 10 per cent of its total workspace is in research and development as users are becoming more smarter.
He said time to market is important. Acer used to launch products in the
According to research firm
Last year, Acer relaunched its handsets in several markets across the globe.
"We are now in
"We will launch three models in the next two quarters — Liquid Z3, Liquid S1 and Liquid S2 — with prices ranging from Dh449 to Dh2,449.
Liquid S2 is the second phone capable of recording in ultra high-definition video (4K) after Samsung Note 3.
"Acer touch-device portfolio will be between 3.5-17 inches. In the smartphone category, Acer will launch between 3.5-inch and five inches while phablet (smartphone-tablet) combo will have 6.1 inches," Burnes said.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia