Leading business automation software provider, V1, has advised businesses that fail to automate their accounts payable (AP) processes are compromising business performance.
By automating the accounts payable process firms can reduce costs significantly and improve productivity. Using V1's software is an option for companies wanting to do this and typically enables them to deliver ROI in just six months.
1. Save money - AP departments are often drowning in paper, resulting in time wasted on filing, retrieving, copying, mailing or looking for documents that have been misplaced or lost. The time taken to find documents coupled with manual data input and postage costs can add up to more than half of the cost of invoice processing.
2. Save time - The average manager spends four weeks a year searching for misfiled, mislabelled or lost documents. Automated systems free up staff to concentrate on core functions rather than manual data inputting.
3. Faster payment - BACS data suggests there is 36 billion of unpaid invoices floating around the supply chain at any one time in the
4. Save space - Each four-drawer filing cabinet holds an average of 10,000 to 12,000 documents, and can take up nine square feet of floor space. A well implemented document management system can remove the need for so much paper and release expensive space for something more appropriate.
5. Approve on the move - Most managers like to keep a check on spending, and big ticket invoices will always need approving whether the manager is at home, at the office or in transit. Sophisticated document management systems can now give managers on the move the opportunity to authorise, reject or query supplier invoices from any web enabled smartphone or tablet.
6. Disaster recovery - The safe storage of business documents is a vital part of an organisation's business continuity plan. Document management and archiving should be at the heart of this strategy to ensure key business documents are safe, and also support document retention requirements.
7. Reduce fraud - Statistics show major increases in employee fraud, with examples ranging from fictitious taxi rides to creative mileage claims. Automated expense management reduces the administration burden around claims and ensures these claims are authentic and can be properly traced and monitored.
8. Increase visibility - Automation enables closer monitoring of purchasing, enforcing approvals and matching individual invoices and payments to purchase orders so that anomalies don't slip through the net. Such systems can be policed with a 'no purchase order, no payment approach', ensuring that no funds are issued without the requisite electronic paperwork.
9. Boost job satisfaction - Time-consuming and repetitive tasks such as inputting data can take its toll on staff, sapping morale, reducing productivity and can even result in high staff turnover. Automating these tasks can relieve much of the mundane and allow staff to concentrate on value adding work.
10. Tie in with the green agenda - Document management technology means less paper use, which helps businesses to reduce their carbon footprint. This stems from the reduction in the need for paper and fewer postal deliveries, which can result in a carbon intensive process.
"Managers are always looking to reduce costs and improve efficiency without having to invest in expensive and complex IT systems. This is why innovative document management software will always be sought after - it's a must," concludes Martin.
About V1 Ltd
V1 Ltd ("V1") is a global provider of business automation software that enables both public and private sector organisations to streamline their business processes.
V1's award-winning document management solution integrates into all major accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, enabling the automated delivery, storage, management and processing of documents.
Thousands of organisations worldwide are using V1's document management software to automate their business processes, cut costs, free-up administration time and reduce paper consumption while enjoying a typical payback of just six months.
V1's recently expanded product suite includes: facilities management, document management, professional services automation, project accounting, and learning & training management software.
V1 prides itself on its innovative solutions, personal and straightforward approach and dependable service.
V1 Ltd is an
+44(0)1625 856 513
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill