RS Components (RS), the trading brand of
Developed for diverse applications including those requiring night vision (e.g. security and monitoring nocturnal animal behaviour), hyperspectral imaging, astronomy, and paranormal investigation, Pi NoIR is capable of taking still photos with a resolution of 2592 x 1944. The tiny module, which measures just 20mm x 25mm x 9mm, can also record up to 1080p HD videos at 30 frames per second, allowing users of Raspberry Pi models A and B to build video applications. The board will plug into the currently unused CSI pins on the Raspberry Pi, using the I²C interface for control.
To get started with Pi NoIR, users will need a Raspberry Pi board, an SD card with OS installed, and a battery pack or power supply. Optional extras include an infrared lamp, a Raspberry Pi camera stand, and various cables for HDMI, VGA and Ethernet connectivity. All components are available to purchase direct from RS stock.
RS Components and
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients