Oct. 29--One of Halloween's most memorable TV classics is "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." It airs at 8 p.m. today on ABC. Celebrate the holiday with the Peanuts gang and wait for the Great Pumpkin with Linus.
Here is a quiz of other Halloween classics.
1. Which sci-fi thriller is about a dinosaur that trashes Manhattan after being awakened by nuclear tests?
2. Which actor did double duty as the Mummy and Frankenstein in the 1930s?
3. He was Dracula.
4. This 1956 film was an adaptation of Shakespeare's "The Tempest." Name it.
5. Who played professor Henry Jarrod in the 1953 version of "House of Wax"?
6. A group of scientists try to capture a prehistoric beast in the Amazonian jungle in this classic 1954 film.
7. Before "Gunsmoke," James Arness starred in this 1951 horror film classic?
8. This actor made a career out of starring as the Wolf Man. Who was he?
9. In "Them!" (1954), atomic tests caused what to mutate into giant man-eating monsters?
10. This actor was terrifying because no one could see him. Who was he and what role did he play?
Answers: 1. "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" (1953). 2. Boris Karloff. 3. Bela Lugosi. 4. "Forbidden Planet." 5. Vincent Price. 6. "Creature from the Black Lagoon." 7. "The Thing from Another World." 8. Lon Chaney Jr. 9. Ants. 10. Claude Rains played "The Invisible Man" (1933).
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton