Oct. 29--One of Halloween's most memorable TV classics is "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." It airs at 8 p.m. today on ABC. Celebrate the holiday with the Peanuts gang and wait for the Great Pumpkin with Linus.
Here is a quiz of other Halloween classics.
1. Which sci-fi thriller is about a dinosaur that trashes Manhattan after being awakened by nuclear tests?
2. Which actor did double duty as the Mummy and Frankenstein in the 1930s?
3. He was Dracula.
4. This 1956 film was an adaptation of Shakespeare's "The Tempest." Name it.
5. Who played professor Henry Jarrod in the 1953 version of "House of Wax"?
6. A group of scientists try to capture a prehistoric beast in the Amazonian jungle in this classic 1954 film.
7. Before "Gunsmoke," James Arness starred in this 1951 horror film classic?
8. This actor made a career out of starring as the Wolf Man. Who was he?
9. In "Them!" (1954), atomic tests caused what to mutate into giant man-eating monsters?
10. This actor was terrifying because no one could see him. Who was he and what role did he play?
Answers: 1. "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" (1953). 2. Boris Karloff. 3. Bela Lugosi. 4. "Forbidden Planet." 5. Vincent Price. 6. "Creature from the Black Lagoon." 7. "The Thing from Another World." 8. Lon Chaney Jr. 9. Ants. 10. Claude Rains played "The Invisible Man" (1933).
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry