Chris Brown's felony assault charge has been lowered to a misdemeanor assault.
The 'Chris Brown' singer and his bodyguard were arrested after they were allegedly involved in a fight outside the W Hotel in Washington, DC, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The star has now been released and the crime has been classed as less serious, according to TMZ.
Chris was let go without bail by the Washington police department and his charges have been reduced to a misdemeanor assault rather than felony assault.
His bodyguard's charges were also reduced.
In a courtroom on Monday, the 'Forever' crooner pleaded not guilty to the crime, which reportedly resulted in his victim suffering a broken nose.
The judge in the case decided the star needn't undergo a drug test, which is often a formality in these cases, but has ordered him to stay at least 100 yards away from the victim.
The fight is thought to have broken out at around 4:30 a.m. on Sunday morning and it's alleged Chris attacked the man when he and a friend attempted to insert themselves in a picture he was taking with two females.
The star allegedly said, "I'm not down with that gay s**t, I'm into boxing", and then hit the man in the nose.
Original headline: Chris Brown's charges reduced
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say