Analysis of Select Trends and Technologies
The current healthcare market is centered around two factors: cutting overall healthcare costs and providing to health conscious and health aware consumers. Every component of the patient cycle is affected including prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and therapeutics. One of the major efforts to satisfy these demands has been to develop the preventative portion of our healthcare business. This market insight aims to provide a top-level view of the preventative healthcare market, which include patient education, aging in place, and remote monitoring technologies.
The U.S. health information technology (IT) market in early 2012 is highly complex, dynamic, and competitive, as witnessed at the recent
As seen at HIMSS, a key focus of the health IT market continues to be transitioning to EHRs and preparing for Meaningful Use. While the market offers many opportunities related to the multi-stage progression toward full Meaningful Use, for many providers and vendors, Stage 1 is still top of the mind for the first half of 2012 due to the potential ICD-10 pushback, the delay in the start of Stage 2, and uncertainty surrounding the fate of PPACA (to be decided by the
As providers begin to plan for more advanced EHR functionalities needed for Stage 2 and beyond and as the provider market continues to consolidate, the trend towards displacement of legacy EHR vendors in both hospital and ambulatory markets is expected to accelerate.
The HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition was held in
This Market Insight includes:
•a high-level overview of the conference, including summary statistics, notable speeches, special exhibitions, major announcements, and key themes
•excerpts from the 23rd Annual
•our pick of the top ten industry trends for 2012 plus select vendors and solutions to watch in each category
•our pick of the top ten health IT companies of particular interest for 2012
•our thoughts on key takeaways and market/product focus for 2012
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.