Farrand will speak to music students about the Finale software program, which he created in 1988. This lecture is free and open to the public.
Finale is considered the industry leader in music notation software. It is used by musicians and educators worldwide to compose, arrange and publish music. It is used by prestigious schools such as the
Academy Award-nominated films such as Million Dollar Baby, The Aviator, Spider-Man 2, Sideways, Polar Express and The Passion of the Christ were all scored with Finale.
Farrand also has authored numerous books, including The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers and The Nitpickers Guide for X-Philes, among others. His fictional works include The Son, the Wind and the Reign and Grumpy Old Prophets: A Christmas Fable for Adults.
Farrand is a 1981 graduate of
CC AutoTriage10PkS-131029-30TacordaCheng-4530307 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition