"She Wolf Rising," a comedy/horror film directed and written by North Jersey resident Marc Leland, will be screened Wednesday and Thursday at Fabian 8 Cinema in Paterson.
A film that delves into the dark side of underground filmmaking, "She Wolf Rising" stars Tiffany Shepis as Gina Skylar and Tim Mandala as Jake Bubar and features several New Jersey actors.
Leland, who grew up in Dumont and now lives in Northvale, said the movie is a throwback to an '80s Fright Night style. It has been screened at several film festivals, though an official release date has not been set.
The movie was filmed throughout North Jersey, Leland said, with locations in Paterson, Dumont, Norwood, Closter, Wayne, Paramus, Lodi, Washington Township, Wallington, Hackensack and Hawthorne.
"Jersey just provided everything we needed," said Leland, who now lives in Northvale.
The screenings begin at 7 p.m., and tickets are $10.
-- Stefanie Dazio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits