"She Wolf Rising," a comedy/horror film directed and written by North Jersey resident Marc Leland, will be screened Wednesday and Thursday at Fabian 8 Cinema in Paterson.
A film that delves into the dark side of underground filmmaking, "She Wolf Rising" stars Tiffany Shepis as Gina Skylar and Tim Mandala as Jake Bubar and features several New Jersey actors.
Leland, who grew up in Dumont and now lives in Northvale, said the movie is a throwback to an '80s Fright Night style. It has been screened at several film festivals, though an official release date has not been set.
The movie was filmed throughout North Jersey, Leland said, with locations in Paterson, Dumont, Norwood, Closter, Wayne, Paramus, Lodi, Washington Township, Wallington, Hackensack and Hawthorne.
"Jersey just provided everything we needed," said Leland, who now lives in Northvale.
The screenings begin at 7 p.m., and tickets are $10.
-- Stefanie Dazio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief