"She Wolf Rising," a comedy/horror film directed and written by North Jersey resident Marc Leland, will be screened Wednesday and Thursday at Fabian 8 Cinema in Paterson.
A film that delves into the dark side of underground filmmaking, "She Wolf Rising" stars Tiffany Shepis as Gina Skylar and Tim Mandala as Jake Bubar and features several New Jersey actors.
Leland, who grew up in Dumont and now lives in Northvale, said the movie is a throwback to an '80s Fright Night style. It has been screened at several film festivals, though an official release date has not been set.
The movie was filmed throughout North Jersey, Leland said, with locations in Paterson, Dumont, Norwood, Closter, Wayne, Paramus, Lodi, Washington Township, Wallington, Hackensack and Hawthorne.
"Jersey just provided everything we needed," said Leland, who now lives in Northvale.
The screenings begin at 7 p.m., and tickets are $10.
-- Stefanie Dazio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana