Motorola today unveiled an ambitious project entitled Ara, a concept that allows users to snap together modules to create their own customized smartphone.
“We want to do for hardware what the Android platform has done for software: create a vibrant third-party developer ecosystem, lower the barriers to entry, increase the pace of innovation, and substantially compress development timelines.” said -
“Turns out we share a common vision: to develop a phone platform that is modular, open, customizable, and made for the entire world. We've done deep technical work. Dave created a community. The power of open requires both” Eremenko added.
Project Ara’s concept consists of a base endoskeleton, in which users can snap various modules such as a new display or keyboard, or a faster processor. Interested parties can find out more information here.
(via The Verge)
The post Motorola reveals plan to construct modular phones appeared first on tbreak.
COPYRIGHT 2013 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.