MCIT Backs PWD Application Developers through Tamkeen
In the framework of MCIT policy in supporting inventions and innovators, the Minister of Communications and Information Technology
I can see , the winning project is an innovative software program that assists visual impaired people in recognizing different banknotes and colors. It also helps them move freely at home.
The program is an application that can be downloaded on mobile phones where the camera once spotted on the banknote can recognizes the value and audio pronounces it. The application can also be utilized at home, using the camera, to inform the user of obstacles that can hinder his way.
Within the same context, Helmy has praised the innovative project and promised to fully support it technically and financially in order to see light.
He has also stressed on the fact that similar projects serving people with disabilities should be supported.
The competition is held annually with the support of the Minister of Communications and Information Technology, and under supervision of the advisor of ICT Minister for Community Services, Abeer Shakweer.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women