This research service provides an overview of the Latin American smartphone markets from the standpoint of IT and telecommunications providers. The countries discussed include
The Latin American smartphone industry is growing quickly. The growth of smartphones penetration increased the penetration of mobile Internet services and contributed to the development of the data services market
•The increased popularity of applications
•The advent of messaging services and social networks
•The increasing need for mobile connectivity
•The growth of the penetration smartphones, due to efforts to lower costs to stimulate increased popularity for the devices in
•The increasing production of smartphone handsets in Latin American countries that contributes to reduced taxes and total prices
This study provides an overview of the Latin American smartphone market and outlines the market drivers, restraints, and challenges and future trends in the region.
The U.S. dollar is the currency used to measure revenue in this study. For each of the countries below, the exchange rate is applied for 2011, the base year.
In this study, the number of smartphone devices are projected from 2011 through 2017.
The research methodology for this study includes:
•Interviews with device vendors and market specialists
•Frost & Sullivan’s published research services
•A decision support database
•Company Web sites
•Published company financial statements
Latin American smartphone shipments presented in this research service include the total shipments in
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.