* "MOUNTAIN STAGE" 7 p.m. Advance tickets $15, at the door $25. Guests include Steep Canyon Rangers, Vieux Farka Toure, Robbie Fulks, Mason Jennings. Culture Center Theater. Call 800-594-TIXX.
* BUCKHANNON CHORAL SOCIETY 3 p.m. Adults $10. Students and seniors $8. Folk music concert. Wesley Chapel, West Virginia Wesleyan College.
* MARSHALL PETTY AND THE GROOVE with CLAY NORRIS and HIGHTOWER (THE BLOCK MAN) 6 to 9 p.m. Free. Music from Petty, The Groove and Norris and comedy from Hightower. Fifth Quarter, 201 Clendenin St. Call 304-345-3993.
* GOSPEL BRASS 7 p.m. Free. 18-piece gospel brass band. Cross Lanes United Methodist Church, 5320 Frontier Drive, Cross Lanes. Call 304-661-0655.
* SPURGIE HANKINS AND FRIENDS 6 to 8 p.m. Free. Rootys R&B. Tricky Fish, 1611 Washington St. E. Call 304-344-FISH.
* THE GLENN MILLER ORCHESTRA 3 p.m. Adults $35, college students $10, youths 18 and under $5. Season ticket passes available. Big Band and Swing music. Presented by the Charleston Community Music Association. Geary Auditorium, University of Charleston. Call 304- 744-1400.
* SONS OF THE SOIL MUSIC FESTIVAL 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Schoenbaum Amphitheater at Coonskin. Acts performing are Forever in terror, Fallen Captive, Deadfacedown, Disillusion Effect, Below the Tide, Left Behind, Zeroking, Let the Guilty Hang, Fall Before Your Creator, Stychntyme, Elysium and Awakening the Revenant. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the gate. Visit www.sonsofthesoil.com.
* THE CAPITOL MARKET STAGE Capitol Market. Free, live music comes from The Brother Sisters at noon and 2 p.m. and Blue Yonder at 1 and 3 p.m. The FestivALL Princess and stilt walker Chally Erb will also appear periodically.
* "YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN" 2 p.m. Adults $15. Seniors and children under 12 $10. Musical about Peanuts characters. Alban Arts Center, 65 Olde Main St., St. Albans. Call 304-721-8896.
* HALLOWEEN FESTIVAL 1 to 3:30 p.m. Free. Costume contest for kids, trick-or-treat, music and more. Capitol Flea Market, 2101 Greenbrier St. Call 304-342-1626 or 304-548-5055.
* KANAWHA TRAIL CLUB HIKE Craig Branch Trail near New River Gorge. Meet at 12:30 p.m. to carpool from Ohio and Randolph streets. Regroup at the Arrowhead Trail Head parking area. The hike is approximately 5 miles out and back on a gravel trail with some steep sections. There are some nice views of New River and the gorge. Shorter version hike in and out as far as you like.
* HARVEST GIFT BOUTIQUE 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Charleston Woman's Club, 1600 Virginia St. E. Features 30 artisans from this summer's Capitol Street Art Fair. Music is by Mark Scarpelli at noon and 2 p.m. and Eduardo Canelon at 1 and 3 p.m.
* CARRIAGE TRAIL LEAF WALK Take in music and theatrical performances from 1 to 4 p.m. as you walk the .65-mile trail. Costumed performers doing family-friendly vignettes come from the Limelight Theater Company, Children's Theatre of Charleston and the Alban Arts Academy. Music is performed by the Modock Rounders (old- time traditional Appalachian) and the Carriage Trail Horn Trio (classical).
* TASTE-OF-FALL Six local restaurants offer special menu items and cocktails during store hours. They are Ellen's Ice Cream, Mission Savvy, Bluegrass Kitchen, Tricky Fish, Frutcake and the Bridge Road Bistro Black Food Truck. Part of FestivALL Fall events.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel