A slowdown in global economic growth will weigh on computer chip makers due to the industry's sensitivity to macroeconomic conditions, according to
Consumer spending drives about 70 percent of all economic activity in the U.S.
Mobley believes that uncertainty uncertainty is going to linger, with
"We feel this disconnect between share price performance and fundamentals is unsustainable," Mobley wrote.
There have already been some signals of lean times for chipmakers.
In connection with the sector downgrade, Mobley also cut his ratings for chipmakers
Benchmark cut his rating for semiconductor makers on Monday to "Market Weight" from "Overweight.
Also falling was
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod