Specifications released Sunday by LG showed the G Flex will feature a 6-inch 720p curved display and be powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor.
Curved vertically from top to bottom, it will also be equipped with a 13-megapixel camera and have a 3,500 mAh battery,
G Flex's back cover will have a "self-healing" scratch-resistant film that LG says will remove light scratches "within minutes."
While the smartphone's screen is curved, it cannot bend or flex; it will be fixed in a curved shape meant to fit comfortably along a user's face.
In its announcement LG made no mention of price or an exact rollout date, although a November release -- at least in
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate