RTX64 and RTX transform Microsoft Windows into a real-time
operating system (RTOS)
Real-time applications running on 64-bit Windows with RTX64 can access 128GB of non-paged memory, depending on actual mapped physical RAM size. By comparison 32-bit Windows 7 has a non-paged memory limitation of 2GB. Overall, 64-bit Windows’ 512GB of physical memory dwarfs the 4GB physical memory limitation in 32-bit Windows.
“RTX64’s larger range of memory, which is visible and accessible concurrently from multiple cores in a symmetric multiprocessing technology%2Fintervalzero-rtx-win-x86-smp-best-practices-demo.html&esheet=50736268&newsitemid=20131028005039&lan=en-US&anchor=%28SMP%29&index=1&md5=b073396221a7ea6553cf40bb4f4d5895" rel="nofollow">(SMP) configuration, represents a first for the Windows RTOS world,” said
Importantly, Windows with RTX64 will create new opportunities for developers worldwide that are designing sophisticated, intelligent systems in markets as diverse as industrial automation, digital audio and medical.
Hibbard said, “RTX64 can deliver functionality at price points previously unattainable in Windows environments. Vision systems, as an example, are in high demand in many industrial uses, but until now they have been extremely expensive to develop. With RTX64 on Windows they become much more feasible.
“Just as PLCs did 10 years ago, and technology.html&esheet=50736268&newsitemid=20131028005039&lan=en-US&anchor=EtherCAT&index=3&md5=171da240b3fe38bd5803f25e70124389" rel="nofollow">EtherCAT did five years ago, RTX64 on Windows will drive competitive advantages. A good example is that real-time network standards become accessible – AVB, GigE Vision and Ravenna. For sure, medical markets, given bigger fields of view, will innovate; motion systems will see advances as well, through more degrees of freedom for small form factor assembly.”
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States