Country music superstar Garth Brooks is to headline a live broadcast concert special in Las Vegas next month, CBS announced Monday.
"Garth Brooks: Live from Las Vegas" is to take place at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas resort and casino Nov. 29.
This television concert is to feature Brooks' final performance of his one-man show, which has played to sold-out audiences at the Wynn Las Vegas for the past three years, the network said.
"Blame it all on my roots," said Brooks in a statement about the eclectic play list he has prepared for the show. "This is the soundtrack of my life. Growing up the last of six kids, music was the life-blood of our family and as you can imagine, Mom, Dad, and each kid had his or her own favorite stuff and it all funneled down to me."
"We're thrilled whenever we get the opportunity to create a television event with an amazing live performer, and there is no one better than Garth Brooks," said Jack Sussman, the network's executive vice president of specials and events.
"Garth will give the audience a rare opportunity to not only hear his classic hits, but also the music that became the soundtrack of his life and how those influences from the country, rock and pop worlds set him on the road to become the biggest selling solo artist in history."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals