Country music superstar Garth Brooks is to headline a live broadcast concert special in Las Vegas next month, CBS announced Monday.
"Garth Brooks: Live from Las Vegas" is to take place at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas resort and casino Nov. 29.
This television concert is to feature Brooks' final performance of his one-man show, which has played to sold-out audiences at the Wynn Las Vegas for the past three years, the network said.
"Blame it all on my roots," said Brooks in a statement about the eclectic play list he has prepared for the show. "This is the soundtrack of my life. Growing up the last of six kids, music was the life-blood of our family and as you can imagine, Mom, Dad, and each kid had his or her own favorite stuff and it all funneled down to me."
"We're thrilled whenever we get the opportunity to create a television event with an amazing live performer, and there is no one better than Garth Brooks," said Jack Sussman, the network's executive vice president of specials and events.
"Garth will give the audience a rare opportunity to not only hear his classic hits, but also the music that became the soundtrack of his life and how those influences from the country, rock and pop worlds set him on the road to become the biggest selling solo artist in history."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March