"It's no secret the roll out of the President's healthcare law has been a disaster - from broken websites to broken promises this law is taking on water and sinking fast, taking hardworking Americans with it," said Fitzpatrick. "If the Administration can't get a website right, how can they possibly be trusted to manage one fifth of the nation's economy?"
Joining Fitzpatrick on the call was
"Right away, I could tell- regardless of the technology- that there were poor methodologies in the project management," said Christenson of the
"I had a plan, I loved it, but on
In a letter sent Friday (below), Fitzpatrick called on
"I ask you today, joining members from both parties in both chambers, to delay the individual mandate of the ACA. Doing so would be a step in the right direction for American families and businesses being harmed by the rocky rollout of this legislation," the letter reads. "You said you would negotiate once government was fully funded and operational - now is the time to address bipartisan ideas for improvement."
Since it's unveiling, HealthCare.gov has been plagued by glitches which have crippled the enrollment process and shaken faith in the functionality of the law. A Forbes report says more Americans in three states have hand their insurance cancelled under the ACA than have filed an exchange account in all 50 total. Equally disturbing, a
"This isn't a Republican or Democrat issue, this is an American issue and it's one that we're feeling effects from in every sector of our country - from jobs and the economy to the size and scope of government," added Fitzpatrick. "Now is the time for the President to lead - not with politics and rhetoric, but with actual action that's in the best interest of all Americans."
Read this original document at: http://fitzpatrick.house.gov/press-release/fitzpatrick-draws-focus-healthcare-broken-promises-broken-website
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.