U.S. actor Emile Hirsch is to play the late comic icon John Belushi in Steve Conrad's as-yet-untitled bio-picture, Variety reported.
Shooting on the film is to start this spring in New York. Conrad wrote the script and will direct the picture, while Judy Belushi Pisano -- Belushi's high school sweetheart, then wife -- is producing it, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Belushi died of a drug overdose in 1982. He was 33. The comedian was best known for his work on TV's "Saturday Night Live," as well as in the films "Animal House" and "The Blues Brothers."
Hirsch, 28, has starred in the films "Killer Joe," "Milk" and "Into the Wild."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges