U.S. actor Emile Hirsch is to play the late comic icon John Belushi in Steve Conrad's as-yet-untitled bio-picture, Variety reported.
Shooting on the film is to start this spring in New York. Conrad wrote the script and will direct the picture, while Judy Belushi Pisano -- Belushi's high school sweetheart, then wife -- is producing it, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Belushi died of a drug overdose in 1982. He was 33. The comedian was best known for his work on TV's "Saturday Night Live," as well as in the films "Animal House" and "The Blues Brothers."
Hirsch, 28, has starred in the films "Killer Joe," "Milk" and "Into the Wild."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays