U.S. actor Emile Hirsch is to play the late comic icon John Belushi in Steve Conrad's as-yet-untitled bio-picture, Variety reported.
Shooting on the film is to start this spring in New York. Conrad wrote the script and will direct the picture, while Judy Belushi Pisano -- Belushi's high school sweetheart, then wife -- is producing it, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Belushi died of a drug overdose in 1982. He was 33. The comedian was best known for his work on TV's "Saturday Night Live," as well as in the films "Animal House" and "The Blues Brothers."
Hirsch, 28, has starred in the films "Killer Joe," "Milk" and "Into the Wild."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits