U.S. actor Emile Hirsch is to play the late comic icon John Belushi in Steve Conrad's as-yet-untitled bio-picture, Variety reported.
Shooting on the film is to start this spring in New York. Conrad wrote the script and will direct the picture, while Judy Belushi Pisano -- Belushi's high school sweetheart, then wife -- is producing it, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Belushi died of a drug overdose in 1982. He was 33. The comedian was best known for his work on TV's "Saturday Night Live," as well as in the films "Animal House" and "The Blues Brothers."
Hirsch, 28, has starred in the films "Killer Joe," "Milk" and "Into the Wild."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low