U.S. actor Emile Hirsch is to play the late comic icon John Belushi in Steve Conrad's as-yet-untitled bio-picture, Variety reported.
Shooting on the film is to start this spring in New York. Conrad wrote the script and will direct the picture, while Judy Belushi Pisano -- Belushi's high school sweetheart, then wife -- is producing it, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Belushi died of a drug overdose in 1982. He was 33. The comedian was best known for his work on TV's "Saturday Night Live," as well as in the films "Animal House" and "The Blues Brothers."
Hirsch, 28, has starred in the films "Killer Joe," "Milk" and "Into the Wild."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?