The St. Charles Public Library's Sunday Concert Series will host the Da Capo Duo, featuring flutist Kristin Paxinos and guitarist Ben Westfall, at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, in the Carnegie Community Room.
Paxinos began her music education in Chicago, where she studied at the Sherwood Conservatory of Music.
She earned a bachelor of music in flute performance from Indiana University and a master of flute performance from DePaul University. She has appeared as a soloist and orchestral musician throughout the United States and Europe, performing in such legendary venues as Lincoln Center, Chicago's Symphony Center, and Carnegie Hall.
Westfall studied the classical guitar at CCM, the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, where he earned a bachelor of music in classical guitar performance.
Westfall's music studies at the conservatory trained him to understand the history, performance and theory behind music.
This event is part of the library's Sunday Concert Series, featuring a wide variety of live musical performances.
This performance is funded through donations to the St. Charles Public Library Foundation.
The public is welcome and the concert is free to attend.
The St. Charles Public Library is at One South Sixth Ave. in St. Charles. For information, visit stcharleslibrary.org or call (630) 584-0076.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status