Business jet sales are set to top
Larger planes will constitute more than 80 per cent of the orders, with buyers focusing on the super mid-size and ultra-long range jets.
"The trend toward larger-cabin aircraft with ever-increasing range expectations and advanced avionics is seen more strongly than ever in this year's survey," said
Buyers in the
About 26 per cent of
"The level of purchase plans is near the world average even though 2013 has been a year of significant political upheaval and continuing conflict in the region,"
"Despite the regional distress, operators in the region indicate their purchases may happen sooner in the next five-year window than expected last year, with about 47 per cent of purchases planned before 2016."
Business-jet operators in
That is below last year's reported figure of 34 per cent and is below the world average.
In contrast, the market in
"We continue to see underlying macro[economic] trends that support potential demand for business jets, making the industry's long-term prospects attractive."
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines