NEWCASTLE?BORN former Byker Grove actor Charlie Hunnam will be replaced by former model Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey.
The Northern Irish actor - best known for playing a serial killer in BBC2's The Fall and appearing in Calvin Klein adverts - will play the lead after Hunnam backed out of the project citing family commitments.
"I've got some family stuff I have to tend to," Hunnam, whose father died in May, said. "So when I wrap the show (Sons of Anarchy) I am going to go to England and see my people."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting