NEWCASTLE?BORN former Byker Grove actor Charlie Hunnam will be replaced by former model Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey.
The Northern Irish actor - best known for playing a serial killer in BBC2's The Fall and appearing in Calvin Klein adverts - will play the lead after Hunnam backed out of the project citing family commitments.
"I've got some family stuff I have to tend to," Hunnam, whose father died in May, said. "So when I wrap the show (Sons of Anarchy) I am going to go to England and see my people."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy