NEWCASTLE?BORN former Byker Grove actor Charlie Hunnam will be replaced by former model Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey.
The Northern Irish actor - best known for playing a serial killer in BBC2's The Fall and appearing in Calvin Klein adverts - will play the lead after Hunnam backed out of the project citing family commitments.
"I've got some family stuff I have to tend to," Hunnam, whose father died in May, said. "So when I wrap the show (Sons of Anarchy) I am going to go to England and see my people."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment