Oct. 27--Who he is: Andrew Kato, 49, is the producing artistic director at Maltz Jupiter Theatre. He's celebrating his eighth anniversary at the theatre, which draws more than 73,000 visitors annually. The theater just underwent a $2.5 million renovation and expansion, and an open house is planned from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today.
Kato grew up in Jupiter and graduated from Florida State University. He's worked on Broadway, off Broadway and in Las Vegas. In November, Kato will direct the Maltz Jupiter Theatre's musical "Through the Looking Glass," a family-friendly, modern take on the children's classic "Alice in Wonderland."
(c)2013 The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.)
Visit The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.) at www.palmbeachpost.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy