The Dow was up 29 points, or 0.2 per cent, at 15,538 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 was up two points, or 0.2 per cent, at 1,754.
The S-and-P is at a record high.
The Nasdaq composite was up 10 points, or 0.3 per cent, to 3,939.
Technology stocks were among the biggest gainers.
The company is shifting from P-C-based software to devices and services.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25