Oct. 26--Kraft Foods Group is recalling some varieties of Kraft and Polly-O String Cheese and String Cheese Twists products because they may spoil before their "Best When Used By" code dates. The affected products all have code dates from Oct. 25, 2013 through Feb. 11, 2014.
About 735,000 cases of the affected product were shipped to customers across the United States. Kraft has received several reports of the problem, ceasing production and distribution of the cheese involved.
It is asking consumers with the affected cheese to return it to the store where they bought it for an exchange or full refund.
Consumers can call Kraft Foods Consumer Relations at 800-816-9432 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central time with questions.
(c)2013 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Kraft recalling 735,000 cases of string cheese
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.