Oct. 26--Kraft Foods Group is recalling some varieties of Kraft and Polly-O String Cheese and String Cheese Twists products because they may spoil before their "Best When Used By" code dates. The affected products all have code dates from Oct. 25, 2013 through Feb. 11, 2014.
About 735,000 cases of the affected product were shipped to customers across the United States. Kraft has received several reports of the problem, ceasing production and distribution of the cheese involved.
It is asking consumers with the affected cheese to return it to the store where they bought it for an exchange or full refund.
Consumers can call Kraft Foods Consumer Relations at 800-816-9432 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central time with questions.
(c)2013 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Kraft recalling 735,000 cases of string cheese
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls