Oct. 26--Kraft Foods Group is recalling some varieties of Kraft and Polly-O String Cheese and String Cheese Twists products because they may spoil before their "Best When Used By" code dates. The affected products all have code dates from Oct. 25, 2013 through Feb. 11, 2014.
About 735,000 cases of the affected product were shipped to customers across the United States. Kraft has received several reports of the problem, ceasing production and distribution of the cheese involved.
It is asking consumers with the affected cheese to return it to the store where they bought it for an exchange or full refund.
Consumers can call Kraft Foods Consumer Relations at 800-816-9432 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central time with questions.
(c)2013 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Kraft recalling 735,000 cases of string cheese
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists