AN OSCAR-WINNING special effects artist is set to appear at a forthcoming film festival.
Peter Bebb, from Loggerheads, who worked as a supervisor on films such as World Trade Center and The Dark Knight, will be the guest speaker at Newcastle's Bottle Cap Film Festival, which takes place in November.
Peter, who studied at Newcastle College and Staffordshire University, won an Oscar in 2010 for his work on the mind-bending science fiction film Inception.
Festival organiser Darren Teale, from Junction 15 Video Productions, said: We are really excited to have Peter on board and it gives the event real kudos to have someone with the recognition he's received involved.
The main festival event will take place on November 16, with more than 100 films submitted for consideration.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift