Hickam went on to become an aerospace engineer.
Now his successors may come out of
"This is where learning becomes fun," Oliver told the Daily Mail's
Here is hoping the satellite fares better than Hickam's first rocket, which exploded and destroyed his mother's fence.
Failure is a big part of science, but that is how one learns. Hickam eventually wound up at
Kudos to Oliver, Imel and the staff at South Charleston for trying to create the next generation of Hickams.
n n n
THE countdown for the rebuilt
This should help businesses on both sides of the river, which lost customers as traffic veered away.
Expanding the bridge to three lanes cost
This cut the cost in half.
Workers beat the original deadline by a week.
In recent years, the state has built the Buffalo bridge, re-decked the
Good highways that provide safe and reliable transport of people and goods are fundamental to the economy.
n n n
EVERY two years, the state of
The question has been why municipalities in the state continue to hold city and town elections in off years. By doing so, cities and towns have to foot the expense themselves.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel