Targeting a vast group of youngsters, who communicate a lot through texting, the device supports hinglish typing and also comes with BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2, which includes hundreds of refinements plus many new features.
The all-touch device has a 5" super AMOLED display and a 1.7 GHz processor with quad-core graphics that make browsing web pages faster and games more detailed. It also comes with stereo speakers as well as the latest technology, BlackBerry Natural Sound, which promises a unique audio experience. This is the biggest phone from the BlackBerry stable so far and has the largest battery ever - 2880 mAh - on a BlackBerry smartphone.
"The new BlackBerry Z30 smartphone offers a unique and engaging user experience with features like the powerful BlackBerry Hub, its exceptional touchscreen keyboard and industry leading browser," said
With an eye on the festive season, the device will be available across the country starting next week.
The touchphone has a 2 GB RAM and has an internal memory of 16 GB, which can be expanded to to 64 GB. It has an 8 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front facing camera. Combined with the battery enhancements in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2, you can get up to 25 hours of mixed use to stay tuned.
The Canadian handset maker also said its popular chat application BBM for rival Android-based handsets and iPhones has witnessed over 10 million downloads in the first 24 hours of its launch.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Health Care Signups Picked up Pace in November