South by Southwest Conferences and Festivals officials said Thursday that they plan to launch a new track of programming with Latin flavor called SXAméricas during SXSW 2014 in Austin.
SXAméricas, scheduled for March 11-12, will bring together Latino thought leaders across music, marketing, film and multimedia industries. Organizers hope that uniting Latino tastemakers from the United States and Latin America will spark creative partnerships, new ideas and encourage networking and sharing.
SXAméricas is not a separate conference and will be open to badge holders. It will include focused programming including mixers, music showcases and a featured speaker. SXAméricas was created after feedback from Latino participants who pointed to the need for more networking opportunities, said SXSW Executive Director Mike Shea.
In recent years the number of Latino participants has grown throughout SXSW platforms, Shea said, especially participants from Spain and Brazil.
SXAméricas events are expected to be held at the Austin Convention Center, and a website with more detailed information will soon be launched at sxsw.com/sxamericas.
(c)2013 Austin American-Statesman, Texas
Visit Austin American-Statesman, Texas at www.statesman.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: SXSW adds Latino-centric programming
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs