ROCK music fans will be pleased to know that hit musical Rent is returning to the city centre next week. A brand new cast from One Productions will take to the stage to perform the Jonathan Larson story at the Mitchell Arts Centre, in Hanley, from Tuesday. The show describes a group of impoverished young artists and musicians struggling to survive in 90's New York.
It is a story of love, tragedy and revolution.
Mathew O'Connor, of Clayton, is the director of Stockton Brook- based One Productions.
He said: I am incredibly proud of the hard work and dedication that the cast has shown, it's a rare privilege to see such passion brought to life and sound so great. Accompanying the cast will be the show's live band, made up of some of the area's best musicians. Rob Stanway, who plays the role of Roger, added: Rent is a great show which doesn't come around very often, so we want to encourage people to come along.
There will be six performances, including a Saturday matinee. Tickets are Pounds 12 and are selling fast. They can be purchased from the theatre box office 01782 409 307 or via www.ticketsource.co.uk/oneproductions.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years