- O'Connell Also Receives Promoter of the Year Award from the International Entertainment Buyers Association's Inaugural Award Ceremony - NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brian O'Connell, president, Live Nation Nashville, won the Talent Buyer/Promoter of the Year award during the CMA's Standing Room Only (SRO) Awards Ceremony. The International Entertainment Buyers Association also honored O'Connell as the Promoter of the Year.
In 2013, O'Connell produced tours for Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley and Toby Keith. He created and produced the three-day Faster Horses Country Music Festival in Michigan, which had a staggering 20,000 attendees, and the Watershed Festival in Washington State, which sold out four months in advance.
O'Connell also invented the very successful Country MegaTicket, a multi-show Country Music package that provides fans with access to concerts featuring some of the biggest names in Country Music at numerous Live Nation venues around the U.S.
"This year was absolutely tremendous for Country Music for Live Nation fans, from two extraordinarily successful festivals and a number of Country tours, Brian and his team made it all possible," said Michael Rapino, president and CEO, Live Nation Entertainment.
O'Connell's additional accolades include five Academy of Country Music Promoter of the Year awards and the 2006 Pollstar Bill Graham Award / Promoter of the Year. He also sits on the board of directors for the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music.
The Country Music Association's SRO Awards pays tribute to the professionals working behind the scenes in the touring industry. A total of 15 categories recognize the contributions of the individuals who help bring large concert productions to life. The 2013 SRO Awards ceremony was part of the 43rd Annual IEBA Conference.
About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation Management and Live Nation Media/Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
SOURCE Live Nation Entertainment
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17