Independent group Conlons has begun the process of a business-wide upgrade to
The new system was based on SQL server database technology and all branches will be connected to a single central database via broadband internet connections. It was described as totally comprehensive and caters for appointment bookings, stock checking, purchase order processing and clinical records.
The roll-out was the result of an 18-month project to find a suitable replacement for the outgoing software, Focus, which had been used for 14 years. ‘i-Clarity is set to enhance every aspect of our operation, enabling us to provide better patient service and greater staff satisfaction. We will also be able to use all the data from our previous system as well, making the transition from the old to the new relatively painless,’ said Conlons MD John Welsby.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida