Australian actor Hugh Jackman is to star in a movie musical about circus icon P.T. Barnum, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Bill Condon is writing the screenplay for "The Greatest Showman on Earth" and Michael Gracey will direct the 20th Century Fox film, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Jackman is an action movie star, who has also appeared in the Broadway show "The Boy From Oz," as well as the big-screen musical "Les Miserables." He can now be seen in the drama "Prisoners."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes