The role of software development in the development and sustainability of the African economy cannot be overlooked, said
"As companies drive through the recession leaner and wiser, they seek ways to contain risk while concurrently securing market share. And many companies are looking to their software to do exactly this - in many forms and shapes."
In fact, according to
"The industry is moving quickly, buzzwords are rife and while many businesses are trying to keep up with the new solutions, it is advisable for companies to embrace software technology at the heart of such initiatives by aligning themselves with companies who have done the necessary software groundwork," added Rabson.
Just look at the changing dynamics:
- The world's technological per capita capacity to store information increases at an incredible rate every year and has apparently doubled every 40 months since the 1980s; with 2.5 exabytes (2.5×1018) of data created every day in 2012.
- In a document published on Wikipedia and quoting
- In a report published, titled: Mastering Big Data: CFO Strategies to Transform Insight into Opportunity, it points out that "Big data presents unique opportunities for growth and competitive advantage for those organisations that marshal the skills, set appropriate priorities and seize the moment. With big data doubling every two years, those organisations that fail to capitalise on the new information paradigm could find it impossible to catch up."
"The road to navigating these murky waters is to employ a software development company that has the capacity and capabilities to capture the full potential and harness best practice intellect to deliver unparalleled solutions, which will ultimately set businesses apart from their competitors," said Rabson.
Spending on enterprise software set to grow by 6.4%
The worldwide IT spend is projected to total
It is acknowledged by the global community that South African software developers are recognised for their innovation, production and cost-efficiency. The business community would, therefore, gain a greater foothold in the market by outsourcing bespoke software development to those companies who have gained their stripes. This allows both emerging and developed enterprises to concentrate on their core business, with the confidence that their software needs are accommodated.
"While emphasis on digital content creation and operating systems has waned, software as a service (
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients