Secretary of the department of information technology, biotechnology and science and technology,
"Under the m-governance platform, services one wants from the government can be accessed on the mobile," Krishna said. He added that the mobile-governance application will be rolled out with the largest private partner in mobile services globally. However, he did not reveal the name of the service provider.
At the time of the launch, it was announced that e-governance department will provide unified mobile services of the government on mobile phone in a phased manner, and that the pilot service will be on for a period of few months before an integrated m-governance platform would be rolled out.
Chief secretary SV Ranganath, who co-chaired the session, said e-governance and m-governance, which is now seen as a platform to bring in transparency in government services and to stop harassment of citizens in the coming years, should contribute to the growth of the country.
"e-governance and m-governance should focus on health and education sectors and should be a tool for clearing infrastructure projects and for monitoring national and international projects.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend