Delphi's MyFi system is unique in that it connects the world of infotainment with the world of active safety. By locating important information in the driver's forward view, MyFi uses voice recognition, text-to-speech, large touch screens, reconfigurable displays and workload management technologies to tailor information to the driver depending on the driving environment. When linked with data from vehicle's safety sensors, MyFi can provide alerts to redirect the driver's attention to the road when unsafe conditions are detected, such as heavy construction, extreme weather or traffic. Studies show that an extra half-second of warning can reduce automobile crashes by 60 percent.
"MyFi is the type of solution consumers demand and need because it allows the driver to safely use a host of highly-innvoative infotainment features without compromising the experience," said Pietro Ottavis, vice president, Delphi Infotainment and Driver Interface. "At Delphi, we are confident that our MyFi solutions can help consumers enjoy a digital lifestyle in their connected car, safely and seamlessly."
Delphi's 'MyFi Connecting with Safety' concept car features:
- Human Machine Interface (HMI): Delphi's HMI design provides all key vehicle information directly in the driver's line of sight. A high mount transparent display makes it easy to see vehicle information and critical alerts without compromising the driver's attention to the road. A reconfigurable cluster allows for personalization, creating a unique look and theme based upon each driver's individual taste.
- Integrated RaCam unit (radar and camera): Through the fusion of radar and camera sensing in a single box solution, information is collected and used to sense collision risk due to high traffic, construction, or other difficult driving scenarios. This critical data also feeds into the work load management software to dynamically adjust the HMI to ensure that the driver remains focused on the driving condtions.
- Natural voice recognition with Cloud connectivity: Using natural voice recognition with cloud connectivity allows the driver to speak naturally rather than remember specific commands for vehicle functions. By connecting to the cloud, Delphi provides a personalized search based on individual preferences established by the driver along with the driver's search history. To improve the overall accuracy of understanding commands, the next generation of microphone acoustics is integrated supporting a full range of operation; even in noisy environments.
- Work load manager and driver state sensor: Delphi's proprietary workload manager software, along with the driver state sensor, provides the driver realtime feedback and intelligently minimizes activities when the driver is too distracted. Delphi's latest generation software has the capability to seamlessly function even when the driver is wearing sunglasses.
- The In-vehicle Wireless Network: Creates a vehicle specific network to allow all the passengers to seamlessly share data and content throughout the vehicle. With any WiFi-enabled smart device, passengers can control the radio functions from anywhere in the vehicle or even input navigation destinations without ever having to disturb the driver. The system also allows for video content to be displayed wirelessly on the rear video screens. Coupled with Delphi's natural voice recognition system, the driver can even play different movies on each of the rear screens through a voice command.
Delphi has been an innovation leader in developing infotainment and safety systems with the first in-dash radio, first automotive cruise control, the first to introduce satellite radio, and the first to introduce radar. Today, MyFi builds on Delphi's leading edge solutions for active safety by taking a holistic approach. Through its expertise in system integration, Delphi is seamlessly connecting high-tech infotainment with active safety for a more enjoyable driving experience.
For more information contact: Delphi
33 (0) 1 70 76 72 64
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia