Oct. 25--A 1975 classic film about -- well, that's hard to say -- will provide Halloween thrills and laughs at StageCenter in Downtown Bryan tonight.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show will play at 8 p.m. and the audience is invited to participate in the wild and wacky doings on screen with props such as squirt guns, newspapers, toast and rice provided by the theater. The movie stars Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter, Susan Sarandon as "Dammit Janet" and Barry Bostwick as Brad Majors.
Beginning in 1977, The Rocky Horror Picture Show became a midnight staple at theaters around the world, including the old Campus Theater on University Drive in College Station. Audiences would flick their Bics, dance the Time Warp and recite key lines with the actors onscreen. It was great fun and will be again tonight.
Admission to tonight's screening is $5 plus three cans of food, which will be donated to the Brazos Valley Food Bank. StageCenter, the community's oldest community theater, is located at 201-B W. 26th Street, above Mr. G's Pizza.
(c)2013 The Eagle (Bryan, Texas)
Visit The Eagle (Bryan, Texas) at www.theeagle.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos