Oct. 25--A 1975 classic film about -- well, that's hard to say -- will provide Halloween thrills and laughs at StageCenter in Downtown Bryan tonight.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show will play at 8 p.m. and the audience is invited to participate in the wild and wacky doings on screen with props such as squirt guns, newspapers, toast and rice provided by the theater. The movie stars Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter, Susan Sarandon as "Dammit Janet" and Barry Bostwick as Brad Majors.
Beginning in 1977, The Rocky Horror Picture Show became a midnight staple at theaters around the world, including the old Campus Theater on University Drive in College Station. Audiences would flick their Bics, dance the Time Warp and recite key lines with the actors onscreen. It was great fun and will be again tonight.
Admission to tonight's screening is $5 plus three cans of food, which will be donated to the Brazos Valley Food Bank. StageCenter, the community's oldest community theater, is located at 201-B W. 26th Street, above Mr. G's Pizza.
(c)2013 The Eagle (Bryan, Texas)
Visit The Eagle (Bryan, Texas) at www.theeagle.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?