Oct. 25--A 1975 classic film about -- well, that's hard to say -- will provide Halloween thrills and laughs at StageCenter in Downtown Bryan tonight.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show will play at 8 p.m. and the audience is invited to participate in the wild and wacky doings on screen with props such as squirt guns, newspapers, toast and rice provided by the theater. The movie stars Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter, Susan Sarandon as "Dammit Janet" and Barry Bostwick as Brad Majors.
Beginning in 1977, The Rocky Horror Picture Show became a midnight staple at theaters around the world, including the old Campus Theater on University Drive in College Station. Audiences would flick their Bics, dance the Time Warp and recite key lines with the actors onscreen. It was great fun and will be again tonight.
Admission to tonight's screening is $5 plus three cans of food, which will be donated to the Brazos Valley Food Bank. StageCenter, the community's oldest community theater, is located at 201-B W. 26th Street, above Mr. G's Pizza.
(c)2013 The Eagle (Bryan, Texas)
Visit The Eagle (Bryan, Texas) at www.theeagle.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.