Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Aniston, Robin Williams, Luis Fonsi and other celebrities have joined forces to support the 10th annual "Thanks and Giving" campaign of St. Jude Research Hospital, which seeks to raise funds for finding new cures and saving lives of children with cancer.
Michael Strahan and Shaun White also joined the campaign, the institution said in a statement.
This group of celebrities, media and more than 60 companies nationwide asks consumers to make a donation to St. Jude while doing their Christmas shopping, and to get behind its mission of finding new cures and saving the lives of children with cancer, the hospital said.
"I am proud to be part of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital family. To every corner of the world I take my music, I also carry with me the love and commitment to this noble cause," Fonsi said.
Vergara, for her part, said "it's a privilege to be a part of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 'Thanks and Giving' campaign."
The St. Jude "Thanks and Giving" campaign was created in 2004 by actress and producer Marlo Thomas and her brothers Terre and Tony, children of the late comedian and St. Jude founder Danny Thomas, to raise awareness and funds during a season of the year that symbolizes giving and thanks, and which has become an annual tradition.
Since it began, the campaign has collected more than $387 million, the hospital said.
Original headline: Jennifer Aniston and Sofia Vergara join forces to raise funds for hospital
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say