The plan, spearheaded by the
The nanotech center in
"I believe the governor is interested in leveraging the expertise at CNSE and the template pioneered at Albany Nano to induce private-sector investment and jobs particularly in next-generation emerging industries in
Nanotechnology is the manipulation of matter at the atomic or molecular level and can involve a variety of sciences and industries.
The project would be part of a state-backed initiative that would try to expand the reach of the nanotechnology college beyond its successful roots in
In documents distributed to developers within the past two weeks, the nanotechnology college said it is seeking proposals to create "state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge infrastructure" at an undetermined site in the Buffalo Niagara region. The center would serve as an economic development hub for research, workforce training and manufacturing for the nanotechnology industry.
The state circulated a similar proposal earlier this month in
The proposed public-private partnership for a
Most Popular Stories
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- GM Stock Hits New High as U.S. Exit Nears
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges