El Burrito Mercado in St. Paul will celebrate Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in a big way during the first weekend of November.
On Friday, Nov. 1, the market and restaurant will have "muerto face-painting" from 5 to 7 p.m., free pan de muerto (bread), traditional food tastings and a mariachi band in the cafe.
On Nov. 2, there will be more tastings from 2 to 4 p.m. and a Dia de los Muertos presentation by market co-owner Milissa Diaz at 3 p.m.
And on Nov. 3, there will be live music and a five-course dinner with optional tequila flights. The dinner is $50. Tequila flights are extra. Register online at elburritomercado.com. For more information, email milissa@elburrito mercado.com.
El Burrito Mercado: 175 Concord St., St. Paul; 651-227-2192; elburritomercado.com
(c)2013 the Pioneer Press (St. Paul, Minn.)
Visit the Pioneer Press (St. Paul, Minn.) at www.twincities.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: El Burrito Mercado celebrating Dia de los Muertos
Most Popular Stories
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Unjustified?: Justin Timberlake's Grammy snub
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- North Korea Frees 85-Year-Old Vet Merrill Newman
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court