El Burrito Mercado in St. Paul will celebrate Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in a big way during the first weekend of November.
On Friday, Nov. 1, the market and restaurant will have "muerto face-painting" from 5 to 7 p.m., free pan de muerto (bread), traditional food tastings and a mariachi band in the cafe.
On Nov. 2, there will be more tastings from 2 to 4 p.m. and a Dia de los Muertos presentation by market co-owner Milissa Diaz at 3 p.m.
And on Nov. 3, there will be live music and a five-course dinner with optional tequila flights. The dinner is $50. Tequila flights are extra. Register online at elburritomercado.com. For more information, email milissa@elburrito mercado.com.
El Burrito Mercado: 175 Concord St., St. Paul; 651-227-2192; elburritomercado.com
(c)2013 the Pioneer Press (St. Paul, Minn.)
Visit the Pioneer Press (St. Paul, Minn.) at www.twincities.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: El Burrito Mercado celebrating Dia de los Muertos
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday