"Patient safety and product innovation are not mutually exclusive. SIIA supports the SOFTWARE Act, bipartisan legislation to establish an effective regulatory framework for medical software that will promote safety while advancing innovation.
"New information technology products and services powered by software promise to revolutionize health outcomes and lower costs for patients and providers. However, an overly-broad regulatory framework that sweeps in a wide range of software would drastically stifle this innovation.
"The SOFTWARE Act takes necessary steps to establish regulatory framework for medical software without compromising safety. Specifically, the SOFTWARE Act would create a bright line that delineates when the
"SIIA thanks Representatives
TNS 24HariCha-131024-30FurigayJane-4526388 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs